Saturday, October 24, 2009

And in the end . . .

Well, there you have it. That's it. That's all. That concludes our entertainment programming. Almost every aspect of my life carefully contrived, meticulously manufactured, sliced into edible pieces and laid upon the table for your kind consumption. I hope you enjoyed some of the content. I hope you found a tear, a sympathy, a revelation, an honesty, but most importantly, I hope you found a laugh, a chuckle, a chortle, or a grin. For that is what life is truly worth. And in the end, it is the only thing truly worth living for.

"Life is a work of art - a connected prose of comedy, tragedy, epic, horror, fantasy, aspiration and imagination - mine was just a little more melodramatic than most" - David Christopher.

"If Christopher never writes another book in his life, it'll be too soon. His egomaniacal and egocentric first person tripe is enough to make you choke on "Canadian" authorship." - review by a colleague to a publisher I approached who quoted it to me before definitively rejecting my book idea - I think I quoted him correctly

"A [work of art] is never completed, it is only abandoned" - George Lukas.

See you in hell,
Shakes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found everything you hoped readers might find, including lots of smiles, chuckles and some tears. Thanks for writing these, Dave, as I have enjoyed reading them, and getting a little more insight into my brother, who I really don't know all that well.
love Barb

Shakes said...

This is amongst the most important e-mails I have ever recieved:

Years gone by - with many a smile

Sunday, October 25, 2009 5:25 PM
From: "COLLEEN MACKENZIE"
To: "David Christopher"

Young David
I have read some of your blogs, you are very talented and your joy in writing shows. I am so happy that you have found what brings you that joy, telling the stories of those that love you and the ones that love you.
I am working on a scrapbook of memories and photos with our Blair, stories I hope his nephews will come love, it is not easy, I hope it will show his love for life and those who were a big part of it. He lived just a year longer in Canada and in two years time his memory and love will have lived longer in us, than he walked this earth. The pain of loss changes but never lessens.
Yes I have some great photos of the haunted house back in the eighties along with the days, building our cottage on Taylor Lake. The BMX bike jumping over stacked bodies (I smile to think of those times) Thank you for being the encourager and friend to our Blair, I watched the two of you, searching and developing those creative abilities.
Reading your CV blog ,answers a lot of my ? unfortunately my reading on line is limited with the progression of the Parkinson.
I love the name Lilian, I know she will be a treasured challenge.
I would love a signed copy of your book when published.

Love and Prayers Always
Colleen
mails I have ever recieved:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave

I too have experienced tears and laughs from reading your blog - as I'm sure you knew that I would. Thank you for enabling me to relive some long past events, including some I missed the first time. You have a very compelling writing style that should see broader exposure than on a blog. You make ordinary events that would be easy to overlook jump to life with all their nuances exposed. Even events that I was part of seem more clear in your re-telling than they were in my memory. Its as if my memory is in black and white whereas your descriptions are in colour.

After you offered to print any entries that I wanted I went through the whole blog making note of those items of interest. By the time I was finished it was clear that there are actually very few that I don't want - and these tend to be your more academic entries.
Good work Dave and good luck.

Love

Dad

KyleS said...

It is nice to be to Canada

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
赖子 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog